Sunday, August 5, 2007

Say No to colds

A friend was telling me how he heard a testimony where a teacher, who was a practicing Christian Scientist, was talking with a co-worker in school who was complaining about getting a cold. The teacher immediately told her friend that she wasn’t getting a cold and didn’t need to expect to suffer.

The next day, the friend reported that she had no cold and was delighted with the freedom. She asked, “What did you do?”

After thinking about the immediacy of the healing with a quick clear definitive reply of truth, the man telling me this story said that later in the week he was having lunch with his sister who started complaining about getting a cold, and described the on-coming symptoms in detail.

Without ado, my friend said, “No you’re not!” The sister did not agree, and argued that, “Yes she was getting a cold!” And continued to explain all the reasons why she would get a cold and suffer miserably. My friend held his spiritual position in thought that God’s child doesn’t get a cold, and let the discussion drop.

The next day, the two meet, and my friend asks his sister, “What happened to your cold? You look well to me.”

Caught off guard, and by surprise, she replied, “You’re right. I don’t have a cold. The symptoms are all gone.” She was not a Christian Scientist and didn’t understand what had healed her, but nonetheless, the truth still met her need and brought a cure.

Truth heals.

4 comments:

sandman said...

i'm just a christian, but i know that works, because i have this paranoia about getting the stomach flu...trauma... and i have had lots of times where my girlfriend will tell me "no you're not!"

so far she's been right every time... hopefully it will stay that way...

thanks for the insight

evan said...

To sandman,

And this is a method of healing you can put into practice too with good effect! The book "Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures," by Mary Baker Eddy, if you haven't heard of it, tells you how to do it.

Happy healing...

Lorna said...

I had a similar experience this past Sat. A friend and I went to a conference, but the night before, when we were on the phone, working out the carpooling arrangements, she mentioned how sick she had been the previous few days and this would be one of her first days out. After driving to the conference that morning, I suddenly found myself not feeling my best. I immediately claimed that I was not sick and there was no reason to be. My friend and I had been looking forward to this outting for several months, and that nothing could take that experience away from us. At the end of the day, as we were driving home, I made a brief commment that I hadn't felt my best that morning but had denied that thought. She told me that she had been very concerned about going because she was worried that she might not feel up to the entire day of activities, and didn't want to spoil MY day. As it turned out, she didn't have any discomfort in the least, nor did mine continue. By rejecting that early morning suggestion, I protected us both. A wonderful day was spent in friendship, enjoying the conference to its fullest. How grateful I was for God's goodness!!

evan said...

To Lorna,

Good work! A fitly spoken and right scientific truth is powerful!

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page