Friday, December 5, 2008

Christ in you

Before leaving earth, Jesus told his disciples,
I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. John 14:18-20 NIV

In the above quote, Jesus is talking about his material disappearance and spiritual appearance to the human consciousness as Christ, untied to material form. And he said, “On that day...”, or when we understand the power in his life to be Christ, pure divine Mind, we “…will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.”

Think about the implications of this promise…

When Jesus restored legs to the lame, eyes to the blind, and ears to the deaf, it was not any human power that cured the ill. It was Christ at work through Jesus.

In the above promise, Jesus is telling his followers that the same Christ at work in him is at work in us too. We need only to realize it.

The same voice and curative power that commanded, “Rise, and walk,” and then restored crippled legs to soundness is in us.

Do you hear the voice? Are you aware of its presence within you? It’s there, and through it you can be healed and heal the sick around you.

The power of Christ is God. Christ is in you, and you are in Christ.


What are you waiting for? You’ve got it all...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh.
Of course...the simple truth.

Guess we're waiting for God to put a huge banner across our street that says: "You can heal anything if you simply give ME the work, and always acknowledge MY might and MY power!"

Then we won't be so afraid 'we' might 'fail!"

Oh.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Joy,joy,joy - what a cool reminder of the powerful presence of the Christ with us! Thank you so much Evan - it's just what I needed this morning as I begin what promises to be a pretty full-on day! It's the wings I needed. Bless you!

evan said...

You are welcome! Glad to hear it...

Maisey said...

Thank you for caring enough to share this simple but profound insight.

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page