Thursday, September 13, 2007

You are precious

Sometimes we just need to be reminded!

A speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20.00 bill.

In the room of 200, he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?"

Hands started going up.

He said, "I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this.

He proceeded to crumple up the $20 dollar bill.

He then asked, "Who still wants it?"Still the hands were up in the air.

Well, he replied, "What if I do this?"

And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe.

He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?"

Still the hands went into the air.

My friends, we have all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20.

Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled, and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worthless.

But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, who you are, as an immortal child of God, will never be soiled.

It’s not what you look like, what’s happened in the past, or what might happen in the future that should count in your mind, but who you are in the divine image and likeness. And that will never be lost.

You are special. You are spiritual! And that’s enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if we just can't seem to believe that we are that special. I seem to only be able to see this awful person I don't like. I have been praying and trying to see this other "precious" me that God sees, but I just can't seem to do it. What do we do then? I really am out of ideas and I feel I have exhausted the prayerful approach to any type of healing with this.

evan said...

To above,

You are special in the way God made you! When we don't think we're special, we're likely looking at ourselves from a mortal point of view--according to what we think others think, or the magazines tell us we should think, and so on. You cannot evaluate yourself materially. Why? Because you are not material. You are spiritual. You have an eternal spiritual individuality with God that is never added to or subtracted from by mortality.

I imagine you find special qualities in others--your friends, children (if you have them), mom and so forth. What makes them special? It's not the outward, the physical. It's the spiritual qualities they express.

Same rule applies to you. For one, it's the spiritual love of God you express that makes you precious. And no one can keep you from expressing love! Not anyone.

Anonymous said...

I wish you could explain what you said to my boss!

evan said...

Let your light shine brighter than ever, and the light will do the convincing.

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page