Sunday, November 19, 2006

Dance like no one is watching

Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like no one is listening,
Live like it's heaven on earth.


~William Purkey


Come From the Heart
Written by Susanna Clark and Richard Leigh
Performed by Kathy Mattea on "Willow in the Wind"

When I was a young girl, my daddy told me
A lesson he learned; it was a long time ago:
If you want to have someone to hold onto
You're gonna have to learn to let go.

You got to sing like you don't need the money;
Love, like you'll never get hurt;
You got to dance like nobody's watchin'.
It's gotta come from the heart , If you want it to work.

Now here is the one thing I keep forgettin':
When everything is falling apart
In life, as in love, you know I need to remember
There's such a thing as trying too hard.

You got to sing like you don't need the money;
Love, like you'll never get hurt;
You got to dance, dance, dance like nobody's watchin'.
It's gotta come from the heart, If you want it to work.

You got to sing sometimes like you don't need the money,
Love sometimes like you'll never get hurt,
You got to dance, dance, dance like nobody's watchin'.
It's gotta come from the heart if you want it to work.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these words and they became one of my life's songs when I heard Kathy Mattea's version. She's spiritually minded in her work, and this album is well worth listening to.
Susan in Utah

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page