Monday, November 20, 2006

Back home

I’m back home now and happy to get re-settled into my routine.

I was at a meeting of all fellow Christian Science teachers from around the world held in Boston this past weekend. It was the first meeting of this kind in 18 years, and the results were very positive.

To sit in the same room with dozens of other power-house metaphysical thinkers and pray together for the benefit of the Cause of Christian Science was exhilarating, inspiring, a privilege beyond words, and above all unifying. The outcome of the meeting was so successful I’m sure it will be a major turning point for our church.

Hesitancy, caution, fear, anger, and other built-up tension over the last two decades among some dissolved before our very eyes. Teachers realized its time to put aside the differences and work for the greater need—faithfully loving and healing mankind and demonstrating all that Christian Science is capable of proving.

When one teacher asked the group how many had seen the dead raised in their practice, dozens of hands flew toward the ceiling.

Christian Science is alive and well!

I came home feeling part of a larger family that I knew was out there but could never put my arms around. Now that I’ve met just about every other teacher around the planet, shook their hand and got to know them a bit, I feel truly like we are brothers and sisters working together for a common cause. I believe most others feel the same.

This is a much greater feeling of closeness between us than ever before. We know we each have a unique niche to fill in our respective fields, but we stand on the same platform of Truth together and are striving for the same goal—to prove the truth and validity of Christian Science. Our love of divine Science unites us in an unbreakable bond of spiritual oneness that no would-be destroyer in this world can penetrate or disturb.

This meeting is going to bear large fruit over the coming years. There is no doubt in my mind. Members of the movement are going to draw closer together. Workers are going to be more consecrated, and healing work become more effective.

It was a very good meeting.

6 comments:

A Maize said...

so glad to hear this Evan! thanks for sharing your report...

L
@}-->--

Peggy said...

How exciting! It can't help but bring healing. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Peggy

Anonymous said...

Great and Good News! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Evan, I am glad you and the others met and discussed some things. Keep up the good tidings for peace and love. As I told my wife, we need more love and harmony every second of every day. Thank you for your prayers. My love and commitmen grows ever deeper every day.
John Stapleton

Evan said...

You are welcome. Thanks!

Bea said...

Evan, I'm so glad to read about the wonderful meeting of teachers in Boston. You are indeed a powerful pray-er and seeker of Truth - and it must be marvelous for you to have that sense of collegiality and love within this group that does so much for mankind.

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page