Thursday, September 21, 2006

You already have it

Have you ever worried about not having enough,--enough money, enough company, enough understanding, or enough patience? Fear not. God knows what you need before you ask him, Jesus reminded his followers. And He supplies the need in abundance. But not always in the way we’ve pre-determined.

Debrah from Austin shared the following comments on her own efforts to understand her spiritual completeness better.

Something that I’ve found pretty inspiring is what I read in a Christian Science Sentinel article by Barbara Cook Spencer where she touched on “Love’s law of revelation, the Holy Ghost, or Divine Science – the law that causes to appear or makes visible that which already exists.” Reading that gave me a clearer sense that all of creation is complete (hello – I already knew that but wasn’t thinking or living in those terms).

I realized that I can’t start anything that doesn’t already exist – nor am I without anything that already exists. It’s not my work but the law of Love that reveals its own idea – the preexistent idea. When I intellectually neglect preexistence – or God as the creator—I feel worried about income and outcome and then feel overcome – oh my! So that is what I need to do better—stay tuned into God’s creation revealing itself through the law of Love.

Jesus never worried about tomorrow. He lived out from abundance everyday. He didn’t worry about his level of savings, how many friends he had, how famous he would be, or whether he could cope. He lived at-one with God every moment of his existence and all his needs were met, proving the ultimate supplier is not an employer or stock portfolio, but God, the source and substance of all real supply to begin with.

1 comments:

Sue said...

Absolutely! Last week I read Jesus' statement about God's supply to "the fowls of the air" and "the lilies of the field". I've read this a million times but this time I took special note of this - "Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?"
What is my stature? What I see or have humanly? No, it is what I really am - a perfect idea held in safe and constant care by God. No human action can change or better what I actually am. No job, promotion, cute shoes, lottery winnings - nothing. I have all that I need right now...in my true stature.
I'd never paid attention to that one line but it is the key to everything. I want to live in that spiritual stature, completely at peace and taken care of always by my Creator - my Father Mother God.

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page