Monday, September 18, 2006

Jury duty

I was summoned to jury duty today. Oh boy! A favorite job!

While waiting at the Justice Center at 8 o’clock this morning for instructions on what to do along with 36 other dutiful citizens, I read a brochure titled, “A Juror’s Guide.” Under the question “Might I be called but not sit on a jury?” the answer stated, “Sometimes parties in a case settle their differences only moments before the trial is scheduled to begin.”

From no effort of my own, the thought flit across the screen of my consciousness that if pre-settlement was an option, then the case I was supposed to listen to could be settled promptly. God was the decider of all issues. And God being all and of one Mind, He didn’t need a long drawn out trial to arrive at a just conclusion.

Ten minutes later a court representative entered the room looking bewildered. Amazed, he announced to the group that we could go home because the opposing lawyers had just agreed on a settlement. No trial was necessary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page