Sunday, March 15, 2009

Children say the funniest things

After reading my blog two weeks ago, “Through the eyes of a child,” a reader sent me this comment…

I loved the one today about childrens' interpretation of the Bible. My all-time favorite from Sunday school was the little boy who told his mother that the teacher said he was a scurvy elephant. When the teacher was asked why she said that to the lad, she said, "No, I said he was a disturbing element!"

At times, when I have one of those types in my class, I think of this story and just laugh. It breaks the mesmerism for me.

1 comments:

Edmund Freeman said...

I was once told of one, where a young boy watched some chickens in a chicken run, and saw one had lost all its feathers, so he prayed for it as he was taught in his Christian Science Sunday Scool.
Later when the feathers grew back he was asked how his prayer went, he replied, he knew it was unfeathered "by human hypothesis"

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page