Friday, October 3, 2008

Prayer for our leaders

As financial and political leaders of our countries debate and vote on solutions for the economy, I pray that they be led by divine wisdom to make wise choices.

I pray that the one Mind leads them, guides them and governs them.

I pray that they hear solutions that result in meaningful change and valuable reform that brings genuine improvement to our economy.

I pray that all anger, bitterness, complaint, and finger-pointing be set aside, and that the spirit of divine Love prevail.

I pray that each player is able to forgive the other, see the good on the other side, value each other’s contributions and work together as one.

I pray for unity of thought and oneness of Mind manifest.

I pray that partisanship be put aside, and that the oneness of Mind in Love take over.

I pray for genuine change from the bottom-up, and not superficial on the surface alterations.

I pray for the supply of all my neighbors, to know that there is enough good to go around for everyone. That the goodness of divine Love is not hoarded, frozen, locked down in unreachable places, held back, running short, or no where to be found.

I pray that everyone can see the bounty of Love available on their behalf, how to avail themselves of it and benefit from its blessings.

I pray that our whole world comes out of this financial turmoil intact and stronger for the experience, a more loving community of fellow-citizens to co-exist with, and a better place for our children to grow up in.

I pray that we have all we need coming from God to meet the immediate needs of the moment.

I pray for peace of mind to prevail on Wall Street and Main Street.

I pray with confidence that God is working out a good purpose, and we’re all being blessed by it.

I pray that we are all under one Mind, one God, and unified by its presence and power.

One infinite God, good, unifies men and nations; constitutes the brotherhood of man; ends wars; fulfils the Scripture, "Love thy neighbor as thyself;" annihilates pagan and Christian idolatry, — whatever is wrong in social, civil, criminal, political, and religious codes; equalizes the sexes; annuls the curse on man, and leaves nothing that can sin, suffer, be punished or destroyed.


~ Mary Baker Eddy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is what I call a "real" bailout plan.
Kudos

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, Evan! I really like this message from I Timothy in the Bible ~ “The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers - and all those in authority - and their governments to rule well so we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This the way our Savior God wants us to live.” I Timothy 2 (Message/NIV) Let's do it!! Linda

evan said...

Right on! Thanks for sharing...

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page