Saturday, February 17, 2007

Where does supply come from?

I have many patients who call for spiritual help to meet their financial needs. Mountain high debt, unpaid credit card bills, unemployment, low paying jobs, and slow business are common complaints that cause people to fear for their fiscal future.

Can you sympathize with any of these economic concerns?? Many people do…

Adequate supply was a metaphysical concept I had to find peace with early in my healing ministry.

I left a good paying job to become a full-time Christian Science practitioner, which is a self-employed position. When I began this career I saw little opportunity to earn money.

However, the purpose of a Christian Science practice is to solve problems spiritually, so I sought a heavenly perspective to solve the dilemma of how to serve God and pay the bills at the same time.

Hope started to dawn when I gradually saw that supply is not something we get, but godliness we give. And the substance of supply doesn’t come from a human source. It comes from God.

For example, in my healing practice the provision that would meet my need, I decided, was not incoming dollars to my bank account, but outgoing love for my patients.

Money comes and goes…and mostly goes. Can you relate??...

But the love that heals is from God and it flows without end.

As I truly turned to God for my supply of healing love, my practice would prosper, I reasoned, and my financial needs would be met in turn by patients who were grateful for my help. And so it has been.

Once I understood clearly that supply is the unending love of divine Love, and not a quantity of currency, I lost my fear of ever having enough. It is a very peaceful and untroubled mental place to be, I can assure you. And you can find the same quiet place too.

The supply you’re looking for is not in another’s pocketbook. It’s in God, and comes to you in the form of wisdom, intelligence, insight, creativity, contentment, gratitude and love that enable you to do your work well.

Supply is the infinite omnipresence of good that never vanishes, depletes or falls short.

As objects of divine Love, we are the beneficiaries of God’s endless inexhaustible blessings.


God has already provided for every need we could ever possibly have, and as we truly accept the divine gifts constantly bestowed upon us, and express them faithfully, we lose fear of lack.

Supply doesn’t come from a client, a customer, a bank, a corporation, a company, a trust fund or a government.


Supply is spiritual. It is of God. It is the infinite superabundance of divine Love,--the ever-presence of good,--and its yours now. Accept it as your own and reap the benefits.

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work. Paul

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Thanks Evan. THat terrific and very relevant and useful right now! best, peggy

Anonymous said...

Here's a question for you. I have often hear testimonies where supply was met by an unexpected check or some other source that was not anticipated but met the need at the time. So I never thought there was anything wrong with buying a lottery tickets. Then I heard the explanation that when you buy a lottery ticket, you're relying on chance, and that's not right. But why can't it be that the winning ticket is that unexpected provision that happened to meet the need? Why can't a winning ticket be answered prayer?

evan said...

To anon above,
The primary need when it comes to demonstrating supply is always spiritual. It's spiritual vision, inspiration and awakened views that reveal supply already at hand. If a person is thinking, "Maybe I can win the lottery and pay my bills with a winning ticket," they haven't found their spiritual supply yet. They are still looking to a material source. I suppose if one had genuinely found spiritual supply and lost their fear of lack, and then without any warning were sent a gift of a lottery ticket, and the ticket happened to be a winning ticket, that windfall might be viewed as an answered prayer. The most important fact to remember is that, ticket or no ticket, God is an unfailing source of supply and His provision is not up to chance. It's a predictable and certain fact. We can trust the details to divine unfoldment.

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page