Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Go higher

Someone asked me yesterday, “How do you conquer reappearing fear?” I replied, “Go higher!”

I explained that fear is a limited view of spiritual reality. As the familiar acronym states,

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

Take in the true evidence and the false evidence, or fear, disappears.

In our journey through the trials and tribulations of human life, when fear appears, it’s a sign that we’re taking in only a partial view of what is yet to be revealed.

More than once, driving on a back road on a mountain route, I’ve approached the crest of a hill and feared dropping off on the other side because I couldn’t see the road ahead. The path disappeared before my eyes where it turned down the other side of the hill out of my range of vision. Once I got to the top and saw the road continued, my fear went away, for I knew I was safe.

When fear surfaces, it’s time to go higher—go higher in thought to the spiritual view of reality that reveals a continuing pathway ahead.



When hiking a trail to the top of a grand mountain, we walk with expectancy of capturing a breath-taking vista when reaching the top. Along the trail we register the scenes around us, but what we see is only a small percentage of what we’ll take in when reaching the summit. It’s a demand to keep on truckin’ up the trail of spiritual understanding until the full vista comes into view.
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

As we go higher in thought to spiritual truth the lesser scenes of error are left behind. They diminish and disappear along with any fear associated with them.

"God is Love." More than this we cannot ask, higher we cannot look, farther we cannot go. Mary Baker Eddy
In the omnipresence of Love, there is nothing to fear.



1 comments:

tawnycleveland said...

Thanks Evan, perfect timing. We just had the road experience driving to a play day in the snow. It will be fun to use your analogy of the road appearing to end only to find it continue when we reach the height in my little Sunday School class.
Warmly,
Tawny
Chico, CA

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page