Saturday, April 8, 2006

Wake to reality

I was a fugitive running for my life. Wherever I hid, a would-be killer was hot on my trail, two steps away from capturing me. Running and hiding, running and hiding, I was exhausted, I could go no further. I was ready to give up and accept the consequences. Unrelentless and heartless, the murderer pounces, raises his knife over my body preparing to stake his claim. Refusing to give in, I bolt upright, wake up, and find myself sitting in bed. The clock reads 2 a.m.

There was no murderer. There was no chase. There was no danger. It was all a dream.

But it seemed so real!

Safe in my bed, I pondered the spiritual lesson.

When a person feels pursued by some danger, for example, by fear of failure, of what others think, of the future, of disease, of debt, or of death, their worries may appear very real and justified. But from a spiritual point of view, they are not. They are but a mortal dream.

God is all. God is good. There is no room or opportunity in God’s infinite universe for evil of any kind.

Christian Science explains that every sense of evil is a mortal mind dream that eventually passes as a fleeing shadow in the night. No trail is left behind.

Christ comes to wake humans out of the dream of living in matter.

Christ is knocking on the mental door of mankind today proclaiming through the voice of Christian Science, “Wake-up! Wake-up! God is your Life. God is good. You have nothing to fear. You do not need to suffer!”

Let’s heed this voice of Truth and wake to its healing message.

Mortality is a dream. It’s not real. It’s not a threat to our Life in God, the only life we live.

Awake! Awake! Let’s not be a fugitive in a foreign land. It’s more comfortable in the realm of Spirit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Spirit View Home Page